E-Sign Act Disclosure
E‐Sign Act Disclosure
The Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN, Pub.L. 106-229, 14 Stat. 464,
enacted June 30, 2000, 15 U.S.C. ch.96) is a United States federal law passed by the U.S. Congress to
facilitate the use of electronic records and signatures in interstate and foreign commerce by ensuring the
validity and legal effect of contracts entered into electronically. Although every state has at least one law
pertaining to electronic signatures, it is the federal law that lays out the guidelines for interstate
E-SIGN DISCLOSURE AND CONSENT
This E-Sign Disclosure and Consent applies to all communications between the member and AMERICA’S
FIRST NETWORK CREDIT UNION AND ITS DIVISIONS that are not otherwise governed by the terms
and conditions of an electronic disclosure and consent.
The words "we," "us," and "our" refer to America’s First Network Credit Union and its Divisions, with
whom you have your account, and the words "you" and "your" mean you, the individual member(s) or
entity identified on the Account(s). "Communication" means any member agreements or amendments
thereto, disclosures, notices, responses to claims, transaction history, privacy policies and all other
information related to the product or service, including but not limited to information that we are required
by law to provide to you in writing.
1. Scope of Communications to Be Provided in Electronic Form. When you use a product or service
to which this disclosure applies, you agree that we may provide you with any communication in electronic
format, and that we may discontinue sending paper communications to you, unless and until you
withdraw your consent as described below. Your consent to receive electronic communications and
transactions includes, but is not limited to:
• All legal and regulatory disclosures and communications associated with the product or service
available through www.gpcu.org for your Account.
• Notices or disclosures about a change in the terms of your Account or associated payment
feature and responses to claims.
• Privacy policies and notices.
• Monthly (or other periodic) billing or account statements for your Account(s) or such other
Communications that we may include from time to time as part of the enrollment in the eStatements program.
• Your consent to receive electronic Communications does not automatically enroll you in eStatements. You must complete a separate enrollment to stop receiving by U.S. Mail paper
account statements (and any other types of Communications we may include in e-Statements).
2. Method of Providing Communications to You in Electronic Form. All Communications that we
provide to you in electronic form will be provided either (1) via e-mail, (2) by access to a web site that we
will designate in an e-mail notice we send to you at the time the information is available, or (3) to the
extent permissible by law, by access to a web site that we will generally designate in advance for such
3. How to Withdraw Consent. You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications in electronic
form by contacting us at www.afncu.com , by calling 203-381-3800 or by contacting the nearest branch
location. At our option, we may treat your provision of an invalid email address, or the subsequent
malfunction of a previously valid email address, as a withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic
Communications. We will not impose any fee to process the withdrawal of your consent to receive
electronic Communications; however your access and use of our Online Services may be terminated. Any
withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications will be effective only after we have a
reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal.
4. How to Update Your Records. It is your responsibility to provide us with true, accurate and complete
e-mail address, contact, and other information related to this Disclosure and your Account(s), and to
maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. You can update information (such as your
e-mail address) through www.afncu.com , by calling us at 203-381-3800 or by contacting the nearest
5. Hardware and Software Requirements. In order to access, view, and retain electronic
Communications that we make available to you, you must have:
• an Internet browser that supports 128 bit encryption;
• sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer's hard drive or other data storage unit;
• an e-mail account with an Internet service provider and e-mail software in order to participate in
our electronic communications programs;
• a personal computer (for PC's: Pentium 120 MHz or higher; for Macintosh, Power Mac 9500,
Power PC 604 processor 120-MHz Base or higher), operating system and telecommunications
connections to the Internet capable of receiving, accessing, displaying, and either printing or
storing communications received from us in electronic form via a plain text-formatted e-mail or by
access to our web site using one of the browsers specified above.
• PDF document viewer software.
6. Requesting Paper Copies. We will not send you a paper copy of any communication, unless you
request it or we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of an electronic
communication by printing it yourself or by requesting that we mail you a paper copy, provided that such
request is made within a reasonable time after we first provided the electronic communication to you. To
request a paper copy, contact us by logging in to www.afncu.com and request a paper copy via email, or
send a postal letter, or call us at 203-381-3800 or visit one of our branches in person. We may charge
you a reasonable service charge for the delivery of paper copies of any communication provided to you
electronically pursuant to this authorization. We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to provide a
paper (instead of electronic) copy of any communication that you have authorized us to provide
7. Communications in Writing. All communications in either electronic or paper format from us to you
will be considered "in writing." You should print or download for your records a copy of this disclosure and
any other communication that is important to you.
8. Signature. By accepting an account at America’s First Network Credit Union and/or one of its Divisions
that requires e-Statements, e-notices, mobile alerts and notices, or by submitting an online application for
services, you agree that an electronic facsimile of your signature or electronic agreement carries the full
legal weight of a written signature.
9. Federal Law. You acknowledge and agree that your consent to electronic communications is being
provided in connection with a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to the federal
Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, and that you and we both intend that the Act
apply to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business with you by electronic
10. Termination/Changes. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue the provision of
your electronic communications, or to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which we provide
electronic communications. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required
11. Consent. By agreeing to the terms of an account requiring electronic signature, e-statements, or enotifications, or by checking "I have read, understand, and agree to the E-Sign Act." you hereby give your
affirmative consent to provide electronic communications to you as described herein. You further agree
that your computer satisfies the hardware and software requirements specified above and that you have
provided us with a current e-mail address at which we may send electronic Communications to you