Let us help you protect your down payment and hard-earned equity. The total restart difference helps with equity protection on your vehicle. If you experience a total loss, we’ll help you get back into a vehicle like the one you originally financed.
The TotalRestart Difference — Equity Protect
If your vehicle experiences a total loss, we’ll help you get back into a vehicle like the one you originally financed. GAP insurance helps protect borrowers against deficiency balances (negative equity) when a vehicle is totaled and the borrower owes more on their loan than the car is worth. It does not, however, protect them against the ordinary depreciation of their vehicle and help them get back into a replacement vehicle similar to the one they originally purchased. It also does not protect any down payment they may have put toward the financing of their vehicle. TotalRestart does!
How TotalRestart Equity Protect Works
- TotalRestart is provided as an optional purchase at time loan is originated
- Program is typically targeted for those borrowers who are putting some money down on their vehicle (typically 10% or more) and are financing a vehicle for less than it’s worth
- Eligible Vehicles include
- Autos and light trucks — no motorcycles, boats RVs or commercial vehicles
- Vehicles with a Purchase Price no more than $100,000
- TotalRestart coverage is provided in the event of total loss beginning with contract effective date and extending for selected term and benefit level
- Program is fully refundable in the first 30 days and pro-rata refundable after 30 days less a $50 cancellation fee (unless prohibited bt state)
- Additional benefits include travel assistance through ON CALL, concierge service and medical assistance